Crime | Brooke Astor Ex-Juror: Astor 'Knew What She Was Doing' 73-year-old who was removed from jury says Brooke 'no dummy' By Kevin Spak Posted Jul 8, 2009 1:04 PM CDT Copied Anthony Marshall, son of late philanthropist Brooke Astor, appears in state Supreme Court where he is accused of stealing from his mother's $198 million estate, Monday, April 27, 2009. (AP Photo/Marc A. Hermann, Pool) Frank Waring, the 73-year-old alternate juror removed last week from the trial of Brooke Astor’s son, doesn’t think Anthony Marshall tricked the Alzheimer sufferer into bequeathing her fortune to him. “The woman was no dummy,” he tells the New York Times. “That tells me she really knew what she was doing.” He doesn’t buy the prosecution's argument that Marshall was trying to get more money for his wife, because he doesn’t think he’d “let his wife dominate or tell him, ‘Well you do this, you do that.’” Still, Waring, who declined to say why he was removed, says he’s not sure how he would have voted in the end. “You don’t know who’s doing what or who’s telling the truth,” he says. “To me, it’s a very confusing trial.” Read These Next RFK Jr. suggests antidepressants to blame after shooting. Details trickle out on 2 more victims of the Minneapolis shooting. Isolated tribe members show up in an unexpected place. Trump just used a spending maneuver last seen nearly 50 years ago. Report an error